Case Study | Global Online Banking
Our client, a global online banking giant, was under pressure to deliver a large amount of change in response to a new wave of digital banks and nimble competition, with licensing restrictions coming down and the fintech landscape booming.
The historic accrual of acquisitions and technologies going back to the mainframes that have underpinned banks for years meant that the landscape was far more complex, under greater change control and coordination than that for start-ups.
- Spike provided the necessary capacity and technical expertise to help make this roadmap vision a reality.
- A new performance engineering capability fit for agile software delivery
- New tools, processes and assets to use and share across the many agile squads
I’m very happy with the engagement, contribution, effectiveness and value that Spike consultants have made to Digital performance engineering in the last 18 months
The digital teams were evolving to meet new demands and would need to transition away from an older performance testing centre of excellence model into something leaner with the skills and expertise to deliver performance engineering.
Spike were engaged to conduct a performance testing review which would also provide a recommendations roadmap to shape the future vision.
A thorough assessment was carried out to understand delivery processes, non-functional requirements, assets and collateral, tooling, environments and infrastructure, test data management, reporting and monitoring.
- The roadmap provided a clear path for the transformation which was broken down into pertinent phases over 3, 6, 9 and 12 months.
- This roadmap also contained simple pragmatic improvements that would accrue benefits almost immediately.
- To ensure the transformation was as swift as possible, Spike were engaged to deliver the roadmap in collaboration with our client. This allowed focus on the immediate tasks that must be delivered while the new engineering capability was built in parallel.
- An effective transformation needs additional capacity to ensure you can “run the bank” and “change the bank” without compromising on quality.
- Selecting the right delivery partner will take you forward as an organisation by providing thought leadership, expertise and training and mentoring of staff to ensure the great work continues.
Download as a PDF
No contact details needed, click below to download a copy of our case study with our compliments. Please consider the environment and read online or print responsibly.