7 days in retail – an at-a-glance weekly digest of things happening in the retail sector this week:
- Tesco website and app back up after hack attempt – shoppers had been locked out of the supermarket’s website following an outage that began on Saturday
- Virgin wines posts first profit as public company as customer numbers soar; reports 13.3% rise in sales
- Amazon warns of soaring supply chain costs as profits halve
- Ikea buys landmark Topshop building in London in £378m deal for the Oxford Street site
- 50% business rates discount announced in budget for retail sector; tax cut of almost £1.7bn
- Toys R Us to return to UK next year as online and stores deal struck!
Share and like if you found it useful!